The FM Global Foundation
The FM Global Foundation provides financial donations to various charities, as well as an employee matching gift program, which matches donations by employees to eligible charities and other organizations.
Over the last 10 years, the FM Global Foundation has distributed more than US$21 million to educational, civic and cultural institutions, hospitals, and the United Way. FM Global employees and retirees have made more than US$9 million in donations to charities which were matched by the Foundation during the same time. FM Global employees have also spent hundreds of volunteer hours working to benefit the communities in which they live.
Recent FM Global Foundation highlights include:
- In 2008, FM Global was the largest corporate donor to the United Way of Rhode Island, raising more than US$1 million during its annual campaign. For the last 5 years, the company has contributed US$4.6 million via support from employees, retirees, the company, and special events.
- In 2008, FM Global contributed US$525,000 to the Spencer Educational Foundation, funding the development of new loss prevention course curricula and annual FM Global scholarship awards.
- In 2006, FM Global was the largest corporate donor to the United Way of Rhode Island, raising nearly US$918,000 during our annual campaign.
- In 2005, FM Global and its employees donated US$450,000 to help fund the tsunami relief efforts in Asia.
- In 2005, FM Global and its employees donated more than US$400,000 to Hurricane Katrina relief efforts across the U.S. Gulf Coast.
"Giving is a healthy way of reaching beyond ourselves, and the matching gift program makes giving an even more joyful experience by doubling or tripling our efforts."
Senior Engineering Assistant
"I'm proud to be part of a company—including friends and colleagues—that sees a need and acts to help."
Senior Engineering Specialist